Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

shadow puppet party invitation



Yesterday was LM's third birthday! We had a busy weekend with family stuff however, so we are celebrating this coming Saturday (although she still got a cake on her big day, lucky girl will get two!). This is the invitation I came up with for her 'Shadow Puppet' party. I wanted it to resemble a paper cutout and am really happy with how it turned out. That is her cute little silhouette - those crazy curls were hard to translate!

I still have quite a bit to pull together, so I'll be on party detail all week... I wanted to get these puppets but they are sold out, so I am going to have to put my paper cutting skills to the test and try to DIY them! Eek! We'll also be doing hand shadows, so I am going to have to practice those too. I think it will be really fun, but most importantly, LM is going to LOVE it! Back to work now... :)

6 comments:

  1. what! wasn't it just her 1st birthday? you can't have a 3 year-old yet...

    the invitations are SO cute. well done. wish we could be there! give her a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the invites - so cute! And you should totally find someone out there that has a silhouette machine. Those things can cut out amazing designs which would save you a lot of time and give you some fun options. Just a little advice...

    Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those invites are the cutest!! What a great party idea! Can't wait to see pictures of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Stacy. I can't wait to come. I'm sure it'll all be amazing. :) Her silhouette is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so creative lady!!! love this!!

    ReplyDelete