Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

little vintage style v.30


Welcome to Little Vintage Style, a place to show off your sweet little ones wearing vintage! Link up every Wednesday, and make sure to click around and say 'hello!' to all of the other vintage lovin' mamas like you!

**********

Hello! So I guess I am technically cheating on this weeks post, but I thought I would share some of our old family photos (and totally not because I haven't taken any pictures of my kids since Halloween).  This first one is a real gem and one of my favorites. My mother and two oldest sisters in matching handmade stripes/apples outfits. A part of me really wants to reenact this picture with my own two girls, I know my mom would think it was hilarious. I do find myself matching my kids on accident with similar color schemes and styles frequently, how about you?



When I was young we lived in California. That little beach baby is me, and my sister just above me is standing by the stroller. My sister and I are about the same age difference as LM and Lark, and when I look at these pictures I can't help but see them. I was so happy when I found out I was having another girl because I know what having a sister so close in age is like - awesome! I also found a jacket pretty similar to this one that I am looking forward to Lark wearing this Spring.


Here I am at 8 months and 3 years, the same ages LM and Lark are now. I thought it would be fun to make a comparison. I can still remember hating that red calico dress - I did not want to wear it and I'm pretty sure I made that clear in the picture! To this day I very rarely wear red. Some things never change.


And, here is Husband at 1 year and 2 years (the closet ages I could find to the girls). I think LM looks more like him, but Lark looks more like me. What do you think?


Hope you enjoyed a little peek into our past! If you'd like, link up below...


12 comments:

  1. Oh you were so cute! What a fun idea to do old pics of you! I agree, LM looks like your hubby and Lark looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Apple overalls, if only your Mother had kept them, lovely to see old pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, love seeing these old photos. You sure were a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you and your mom look really similar!! love this blast from the past... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little jacket! I look forward to seeing Lark's version!

    And I totally match my kids sometimes- without planning it at all!

    Love seeing this vintage photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haa - that photo of you in the red dress is so great - love that you wouldn't smile in that dress!! Agree that LM looks like your husband and Lark like you. And you look like your mom!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love seeing people's baby pictures. you and shawn are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo of your mom and sisters made me triple-take. I thought it was you, LM, and Lark. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I *love* this post. I had a dress very similar to your red one. Mine was cream with blue tone flowers. I loved it so much. Thanks for the sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love those pictures! I can't believe mom had time to make those matching outfits! I love me a little blast from the past, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog through Danielle's and it is a.maz.ing. REally.

    ReplyDelete